Old January 28th 08, 05:59 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
mike[_24_]

Default Audi A4 "left dipped headlight" problem

The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
dangerous -- problem:
1. The left headlight flickers
2. It then turns itself off
3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has
failed.

If I turn the light off (Note: We're talking about driving at night
here) and turn it back on again, the light will become normal again,
for about a few minutes and then the cycle repeats itself.

This problem is intermittent. It has been occurring a lot recently
with the cold weather. I can't tell for sure whether it is
temperature related.

My Audi dealer said that Audi knows about this problem but doesn't
know how to fix it -- changing the light bulb doesn't solve the
problem.

Has anyone encounter this problem and get Audi to fix it?

.... Mike