Old July 11th 18, 03:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ralph Mowery

Default how does the map get into the radio?

In article >, NONONOmisc07
@bigfoot.com says...

> I don't need navigation, only occasionally to know where I am.
>
> If the GPS map on new radios isn't a lot better than what I have, I'd
> rather save a couple hundred dollars and get a radio withou it.

Get the radio without it.

I don't know about the prices, but some of the new cars with navigation
have a USB slot where you download the maps on a computer and then
transfer them with a USB drive to the car.

As many said, just get a Garman or such with the lifetime updates for
free.