Old April 1st 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default I used to buy tires from TireRack - now SimpleTire (how can theydo it?)

On 03/31/2017 07:09 PM, Jonas Schneider wrote:
> For years, I have been buying tires from TireRack, opting to mount them and
> static balance them myself at home.
>
> This week, I called TireRack, to order a set of four passenger tires, where
> I picked a traction A, temperature A, and treadwear 400 tire, with load
> range 99 and speed W, where the price, shipped to my door, was $375 all
> included.
>
> I had a friend over who suggested Simple Tire, so trying them just to
> compare, I was shocked that the same set of four tires, same brand, size,
> model, and everything, shipped to my door was just under three hundred
> bucks.
>
> Tires are commodities, where, in general, commodities are already selling
> for the lowest price, where volume makes huge differences, but we already
> know TireRack has huge volume.
>
> How can Simple Tire basically sell the same tire commodity for a whopping
> twenty percent less, all things considered? Twenty percent is huge for a
> commodity.
>
> Have you found that tire prices are dropping drastically?

It must depend on the particular tires: I just compared the price of
Michelin Premier A/S at TireRack.com and SimpleTire.com. TireRack.com
was cheaper including Road Hazard Protection and shipping than
SimpleTire.com with free shipping but without Road Hazard Protection.

Perce