Old August 26th 13, 01:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

Default Terminal engine noise?

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
R C Nesbit > wrote:
> In the vague hope that anyone is still reading this group,
> Lesley's 147 2.0TS broke down, and the engine sounds
> terminal, but just in case, anyone have a clue what this
> noise might be caused by?
>
> http://youtu.be/20rTggU6xow

I would read here every day, if there was something to read. ;-)

Ouch! My first guess would be piston rod bearings. But I would get
a decent diagnosis before you do anything. And try not to run the
engine in the mean time. If it's the bearings, the crankshaft also
needs to be replaced.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

I thought there was something fishy about the butler. Probably a Pisces,
working for scale.
-- Firesign Theatre, "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger"