Old February 5th 05, 09:42 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On 5 Feb 2005 12:18:43 -0800, wrote:

>I think that is what I will try now. I just replaced my exaust/convert
>from the O2 sensor back and it did not help.
>
>This is getting expensive

The only way I know of monitoring your fuel pressure "while you are
driving around" is to have somebody plugged into your OBDII connector
with a real-time scanner, OR, use a data logger ( e.g. Davis
DriveRight CarChip, or record on a portable PC with a program like
AutoTap ).

I find that static one-shot readings don't really tell the whole story
of what is going on, that is why I keep a data logger plugged into the
OBDII port all the time. At 5 second test sweeps, it monitors up to
25 continuous hours of running time. At 60 second intervals, 300
continuous hours of running time. I keep it at the 5 seconds sampling
frequency and can watch what is really going on during all kinds of
driving conditions.

I might pull it out ever 2 or 3 weeks and look at the graphs. If
everything looks OK, I clear the chip memory and plug it back in.
Even once a month would be OK, as I've never used more than 22% of the
memory although I take a _lot_ of short trips.

You can then discard the data, or save it to a file for future
reference. I call it my "flight recorder."

Lg