Old December 21st 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Sloth Linked to Crash That Killed 3 Teens

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Here we have a confirmed case of Sloth Kills. A driver swerved to
> avoid hitting a slower vehicle, lost control, and crashed into a tree,
> killing 3 people.
>
> http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-losfel...ll=ktla-news-1
>
> Speed Linked to Crash That Killed 3 Teens
>
> Associated Press
>
> December 20, 2006, 6:20 PM PST
>
> Three 18-year-old men were killed today and two teens were critically
> injured when the car they were in crashed into a tree and burst into
> flames as some of their parents watched from another vehicle, police
> said.
>
> As the Nissan pulled alongside the car with adults, the sedan with the
> five youths came upon a slow-moving vehicle, and the driver swerved to
> avoid hitting it, Johnson said. The car then struck a tree and burst
> into flames.
> --
> Well, it appears that the gory .sigs about Carl's dead wife did their job.
> I've tucked them away for now, but if he (or one of his sockpuppets)
> comes back, so will the nasty .sigs.

"
The people in both cars were on their way home from a teenager's
birthday party. They were heading east on Los Feliz Boulevard when
Hernandez changed lanes in an attempt to pass the parents' vehicle at a
high rate of speed, police said.

As the Nissan pulled alongside the car with adults, the sedan with the
five youths came upon a slow-moving vehicle, and the driver swerved to
avoid hitting it, Johnson said. The car then struck a tree and burst
into flames.
"

Sounds like bad driving killed 'em, not a slow-moving vehicle.

Dave