Old October 17th 04, 05:22 PM
V \fnugen\

Tiny Lund wrote:
> I concur with the 9700 pro. If you are budget minded and want DX9, it should
> at least get you to the next generation of GPU's. I purchased mine new at
> $400+ for the All In Wonder and it plays every game I throw at it fine. Also
> the 9700 pro was the card that helped ATI to gain market share on Nvidia.
> The 9800pro is about 200.00 and not a huge leap above the 9700 pro. If you
> can find the 9700 pro new, you will have a card capable of a display
> comparable to the latest cards. Based on your system specs I don't think the
> high line cards would be of much benefit to you as you may not be able to
> harness their potential given your CPU and RAM.

My CPU is the next upgrade slotted. If I get the 9800pro, it may a
little longer than thought, but when I do, the system will fall together
nicely. Ram, that's kind of a whenever I do kind of upgrade. It's not
such a high dollar purchase, so it's coming, just no idea when. I'll
look into the 9700 as well..........but I believe I am almost sold on
the 9800. Do 2g and 2.5g CPUs run that much better than the 1.5??
They're running around the $200 price point around here and I have been
looking. AMD of course.