Old September 5th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 89 YJ failed smog!

A clean air filter does wonders for HC emissions, so does new plugs....

I would also recommend you check the new distributor cap and rotor out.
There are a bad batch of them out on store shelves. The rotors are too
short and start arcing out very soon after installing them.

High octane might help smooth things out if it sputters at idle. Your
engine calls for high test if running hot and loaded to avoid engine
ping.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's