Old October 10th 12, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "steeringFFBSmooth"

Mario Petrinovic:
Tony R:
On 02/10/2012 11:39, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Few corrections.
> First, FFBSmooth should be at 1.000000.

Humble pie for tea again, eh Mario?

On 14/09/2012 09:59, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

"My god, they don't know a thing. It should be at 0.5, no matter what
wheel you have"

Well, I am always wrong. I can tell that this is much better to be
than always right.
At least I discovered what was wrong all that time.
"cockpitLookDeadZone is a wrong conception to fight latency. The fact that
iRacing has it at 0.5 messed thngs up a lot for me. Right now I am testing
Damper/Spring or Centering Spring, to fight latency.
BTW, now I am at, like, higher Spring/Damper (right now I have them
at 100%), but Overall lower than 100% instead. It looks like the right
philosophy.

No. It possibly could be better to start with the Logitech driver's
default, but put in-game damper on 50 instead. I'll see.