Old February 18th 20, 03:12 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ed Presson

Default One key works the other doesn't

The BMW dealer replaced the main module because the locks were
malfunctioning. Sometimes the car couldn't be unlocked
with the remote key fob button, so I inserted the key into the door lock to
open the drivers door. Pressing the LOCK/UNLOCK button
on the center console sometimes would not get a response. Even reaching
across to manually open the passenger door would not
work.

After the repair, all seemed well until I tried the spare key that had not
been used by the dealer. It generates no response from
the car when the remote "open" is punched. Nor the trunk.

What the h*ll is going on?