Old May 23rd 14, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default Replace Tice pressure sensors 2002 c5

"Blue C5" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:18 PM UTC-4, Ev wrote:
>> Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure
>> sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each
>>

> That's a good price.
>
> Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the
> transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and
> fill the hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.
>
> The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on.
> I don't have the equipment.
>
> Bob, Charlottesville

Tire does not need to be removed from the rim, remove the valve core,
break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor
into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with
your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at
my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked
sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you
invest much time for an old versus new sensor.