Old October 31st 05, 02:20 PM
Bugsy

Default 1998 Honda Accord LX

I bought a 1998 Honda Accord LX the other day and knew prior to the purchase
that the check engine light was on. The previous owner told me it needed an
EGR valve and possible EGR port cleaning. I had to drive the car 300 miles
back to my home so I filled it with premium and fuel system cleaner. When I
returned home I reset the Check Engine light. I have driven the car about 75
miles since and the light has not come back on. Is it possible that the
better gas has cleaned the EGR enough to fix this problem even if only
temporary? Has anyone else been able to reset the light and it not come
back? Any info would be a ppreciated. The car drives fine and doesn't
exhibit any symptoms of a bad EGR.