Old September 10th 04, 11:23 AM
Charlie Self

Hans Sundkvist responds:

>Say What???
>I am not very familiar vith the american used car market, but a couple
>hundred $$ for a 70,000 mile car sounds *very* cheap!
>And for such a "hardly broken in" car to only last a Year???
>
>What kind of cars were those? Yugos?

Read the entire post...especially the parts about "many years ago" and "6
centers per mile".

The cars were usually small or medium sized, Fords, Chevies, Plymouths,
whatever models were available in the early and mid-60s. Many sold for 100
bucks, those with lower mileage went for a couple hundred. Fleet car mileage
turnover varied, but in many cases, 70,000 miles was a replacement marker.
Metallurgy 40 years ago wasn't what it is today, so a vehicle that made 100,000
miles was a big deal.

Charlie Self
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill