Old January 25th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default yes, it's a mileage thread

Stephen Toth wrote:

> The '93 averaged 30-31 mpg while I drove it.
> That was a mixed driving environment In its early days: Daily commute
> was about 44 mi. one way - 2 mi. local small town - 24 mi. non-divided
> hwy (traffic lights - avg 50 mpg) - 14 mi. interstate (70-75 mpg) - 4
> mi. in city (Philly). Even stop and go because of traffic and accidents
> did not change it much. Biggest difference was winter when it would
> drop to 29-29 mpg.
> My son claims to still get about 30 mpg now with mixed small town and
> hwy driving.
>
> With the '06 I get 26-29 mpg mixed, And have gotten 35-36 on longer
> trips that were nearly all interstate (70-80 mph - top up).
> The mileage with the '06 seems to vary much more, but I haven't figured
> out anything I can attribute it to. I tend to drive the same style on
> most of the roads I travel, and always use the same brand and grade of
> gas. As with the '93 it is a little worse in the winter, but varies
> much more tank to tank

Just curious what type of driving this generally was. My city mileage
was never that good in my near-stock Miata, but I was not trying for
good mileage except on long highway trips.

I forget why the mileage is better in the summer than winter. Gas additives?

Pat