Old December 9th 11, 11:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

Default Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:59:37 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>> Thank you for your reply (there!) to my question about a C6 and a
>> seatbelt light.
>>
>> When I went out to check it out turns out that it wasn't a seatbelt
>> light but an airbag light. More of a worry. It is intermittently on
>> (passenger side) and seems to be on more lately. Any ideas?
>>

>Thank you helps but knowing that the fix was found is better.
>
>You're right on the air bag, seat belt has nothing to do with it. Did
>you try to turn off and on the passenger side air bag with your key?
>It may have been used and just not turned off properly. On my '05 the
>key switch is on the right hand side of the glove compartment door.
>
>Have you had the car since new?

Yea, since new and never touched that turn off for the passenger's air
bag.

Car's got about 30K miles and it sit for half of most every year with
charger. I have no issues with anything but lately there are
electrical "malfunctions" like the driver's seat not moving to the
retracted back position when I shut it down. The airbag started
showing up last year just before I put the car away for the summer.
Then this year the airbag light problem seemed to be more of an issue
staying on at least 50% of the time. If it is just a light being on I
am not so alarmed, but if the air bag is actually disabled then it is
a PROBLEM.