Old June 20th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default camshaft positon sensor A bank 1/ verses knock sensor

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 02:37:23 GMT, BläBlä
> wrote:

>In article <620548c117e26@uwe>, u22638@uwe says...
>> whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
>> in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

>The knock sensor is a totally different sensor. It detects engine Ping.
>Is this what they are trying to pass off as a 300 dollar job??? Cuz it
>aint. Please use Google.com to further understand what these sensors do.
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22kn...or&btnG=Search

THe point I was making in my earlier post, that year engine can
return codes that are not related to the problem at all because the
generic codes do not deal with the Saturns well. GM uses a strange
system on them to determine proper timing. Around 99 they startted
actually using a cam position sensor. Do not take some codes as the
gosphel on that engine when using generic error codes
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com