Old February 12th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Default 72 Mach 1 leaking gas

neildomo wrote:
> I bought a beat up 72 Mach 1 a couple weeks ago (my first project car)
> and probably bit off more than I can chew. I filled it up with gas
> yesterday, and this morning noticed it dripping gas from where the gas
> line comes out of the gas tank. Looks like there's an elbow coming out
> of the gas tank, and a hose connected to that. Not sure if the leak is
> from where the elbow meets the tank, or where the gas link connects to
> the elbow. Is there a way to quick-patch this, or should I even try? I
> didn't get a chance to see under the whole car, but if I try to
> replace that gas line, how long does that piece go (all the way to the
> front, or is there a gas filter in the back)?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil

Silver solder and a torch. Well, maybe not. JB Weld, but if it's a
"project" you shouldn't be "patching it up quick" anyway. It will have
to be done at some point anyway and IF you determine it is the tube and
not the hose leaking, you should remove and drain the tank, dry it
thoroughly and solder/braise the fitting properly.

--
"One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
can't be smarter than its animator."