Old August 4th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

Default Wiring Harness

Help-Slip-Franklin wrote:
> All,
> Well I finally re-started the work on my '73 Super after taking over a year
> off! My question is: should I replace the wiring harness while I have
> everything taken out of the car? It is everything except a body off
> restoration. My wife thinks I should just in case something is wrong
> somewhere. It was torn down when we bought it so I have no idea if there are
> any problems with it or not. Thanks in advance.
> H-S-F

Tread carefully!

A new "harness" will likely only get you the
Main section from engine bay to dash.

'73 Super uses a very special harness for the
dash wiring and the underhood wiring.

If you do decide to replace any part of the
wiring, make meticulous sketches of all connections first.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/