Old January 1st 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default rhythmic hesitation in '93 SL1

Bob Shuman wrote:
> I thought the older S-series used a vacuum, not a solenoid, to activate the
> EGR. In any event, it sounds like the EGR is sticking so should be
> replaced.
>
> Bob
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Actually, this clears things up for me a bit
> > http://autorepair.about.com/od/gener...l/bldef165.htm
> >
> > Sounds like the valve is sticking open, and he's forcing it closed by
> > removing vacuum. Guess this is probably a bad solenoid?

I would like to throw a silly idea, for which I apologize in advance
(but I have seen this happening several times):
Could you pls check if that (as a result of so much "work" done in the
car), the hoses have not been mistakenly reinstalled (swapped)?
Sorry again if it sounds ludicrous, but it was possible before.

Good luck.