Old June 19th 04, 03:52 AM
Alan Wedin

Default Mystery spark plugs in 2002 stratus

Has anybody else run into problems finding spark plugs for a 2002 Stratus
sedan (4 cyl, 2.4 L, DOHC)? The plug I took out of the car is a Champion
RE14MCC5. It is about 3 1/2" long and has a tapered seat. Every auto parts
store I have gone to looks up the car in the computer and comes back with
plugs that are a full inch shorter and a flat seat. Since the VIN number
indicates I have a 2001 engine, I have looked at 2001 and 2002 parts, both
with the same result. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow, but I'd like to
have some idea of what this plug is before I go. If the dealership tells me
this is some special plug at $10.00 (or more) a pop, I'll clean up the
existing plugs and put them back in.

Many thanks,

Alan Wedin
http://home.earthlink.net/~awedinsprint