Old January 19th 12, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default How to balance FFB

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Hm, now suddenly everything looks almost all right at
>> 100/100/100/100. Maybe really it is calibration process (I changed
>> something in it, recently).

> Regarding calibration, it definitely should say 900 when turned
> left
> (if in Profiler also is 900). Otherwise FFB loses sensitivity, which
> produces slack.
> Regarding everything else, well it looks like Centering Spring
> works
> at 125%. It could be that if in Profiler sensitivity (linearity) is 100%,
> then everything works at 100%, if it is 50%, then 125% works, and if 0%,
> then 150% works. I am not sure, didn't test all these. For now, it looks
> like 125 is the number, while on my system things are working well at
> 127%. Have to test more, : ).

Well, this theory is wrong, because Centering Spring definitely is
133%. This means that, if Centering Spring is locked by iRacing at 75% I
will never be able to center this car correctly, because in that case
Centering Spring is 133.33%. Well, Centering Spring is THE MOST IMPORTANT,
and probably the only really important setting in FFB, and FFB is the most
important thing in sim racing. Well, this can explain poor numbers of
simracers on servers very easily. Hm, how many simulations will we have to
waste until somebody figures out some things.
Good thing is that I found out that Overall doesn't change Centering
Spring. This means, 133% works whotever the rest of settings are.