Old October 6th 11, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BSAKing

Default Transmission will not engage after engine rebuild..... help?

I recently had to rebuild my 1976 corvette SBC engine since the
camshaft was badly worn on it.

After a few challenges (since I am just a weekend mechanic pushed into
service when I cannot avoid it), I did manage to rebuild it and get
the engine back in.

It seems to run fine pending a bit of a tune, but now the transmission
will not engage to move the thing. I can shift and it all feels
normal, but no movement at all.

It is a 350 automatic, 1976 vette, 350 SBC.

I did have to pull the rad and disconnect all of that to get the
engine in and out. I also had a bit of a mix up trying to get the
wires on the starter solenoid correctly and I may have shorted the B+
to the car in the process, but all lights, etc work.

I did put the bolts back in to couple the engine to the transmission.
Yes the tranny has appropriate fluid. I was working just fine before I
had to remove the engine....

In the meantime I am going to jack it back up and drop the
transmission shroud to recheck those bolts (3) hodling the engine to
the transmission.

But I suspect something else, but have no idea. Does anyone else have
any clues as to what else I could have disturbed in the process? Any
insight appreciated since I very readily admit to being an amateur in
all of this.

TIA, BSA