Old August 30th 08, 09:57 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

Default E39 Vibration on Braking - help please !

In article
holdgaj > wrote:
> On 30 Aug, 00:57, "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote:

> > > Well, at 50K you should be doing brake fluid, transmission fluid,
> > > differential fluid. Probably the usual filter change too (and that
> > > includes the fuel filter), and maybe a coolant flush.

> > Brake fluid and coolant changes are part of routine servicing.

> Thanks to all who responded - I've decided to have the Rotors changed
> & see how I go from there.

I'm willing to bet it won't effect a total cure. Warped discs aren't
anything like as common as some suggest. Or rather measure any 'old' disc
and you'll find some runout. But the steering shake this 'causes' is a
problem with the suspension.

> The car just had a fluids service - so all well with that side of
> things.

The transmission and final drive lubricants aren't part of any fluid
service.

> Thanks again to all

Best of luck. ;-)

--
*If your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.