Old June 15th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 94 Jetta III - Transmission Fluid/Oil Level

I bought the 17mm hex at Sears and for the life of me I can't get the port
to budge. My car has 150K and I think it should be checked and changed.
Tried some PB blaster last night as well. Would you recommend finding a
socket 17mm Allen and a breaker bar? With the Sears allen I don't seem to
have enough leverage with the car on the ground - tomorrow will put it on
ramps and try again. I guess I could get a steel pipe and slip it on the
end but the hex key is a little wobbly in the port (both drain and fill
check) so I don't want to strip it. Any suggestions? On my VR6 I think my
speedo is at the back of the trans near the manifold downpipe - the Bentley
doesn't show it - is this correct?