Old September 5th 08, 02:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default 2005 Cadillac XLR with top up - Red Tint Coat - fvl

"Max Magister" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> How does someone explain buying or leasing one of these instead of any
> number of other cars, including the Corvette?

Tough question.

I'm sure it's a nice car but it has nothing to distinguish it. Weh first
introduced it was offered in a standard form with a 320 HP engine at about
US $79,950 and there was a deluxe 400 HP version (I think with the baseline
400 HP Corvette engine) for about a hundred grand.

The baseline C6 Corvette --- not the fancy Z06 version --- was going for
around US $50,000 + or -, depending on options. The 505 HP Z06 was around
US $72,000 or so.

The Corvette has panache. The Corvette has a history. The Corvette is a
pedigreed product. That XLR is not. It's simply a "me too" kind of car for
more money.
--
Pat Durkin