Old November 18th 06, 11:38 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,rec.autos.simulators
zeez

Default Ex-Starforce Publisher turns to STEAM!

Claude Leclerc wrote:
> Partly incorrect ;-).
>
> With HL2 I went to a friend with Internet connection and was able to install
> and set it up for off-line play.
> It worked for about a month and, I don't know why, it ask me back to
> connect.
> (If someone know why it would ask to go back online, it could be usefull if
> I disconnect from the Web again)
> I had 2 solutions:
> - Moving my PC again to my friends place.
> - Desinstall.
>
> I selected the easiest.

Any system that forces you to have to "talk" to a provider to keep it
running is a VERY
BAD THING. Aside from the privacy issues, what if the company goes
belly up, dosen't release an unlock patch, and you get to sit with a
dead game that you can no longer play?