Old May 15th 04, 01:29 AM
kalle

The biggest improvement of the 1.8TS (and 2.0TS) over the 1.6TS is that
the front brake discs are 284mm (bigger) and ventilated (survive harder
abuse).
Also it's easier to find proper race grade pads for those calipers, pads
like PFC
or Ferodo DS3000. (And yes they work on cold mornings in Sweden too.)
Rear brakes are discs, but that's not very important.

To sum it us: Small improvement in engine performance and a large
improvement
in brake performance. Means you will lap a lot fater on track days.
Also the shocks were a bit better, but are probably worn out anyway,
so you will need to upgrade them anyhow.

Have fun,
Kristoffer

"Alex C" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just bought a 1997 P 146 1.8TS without seeing it (I know, but the old

'must
> have Alfa' mist descended on me). Got it cheap enough £1000 plus tax. It's
> champagne with black velour. What differences are there between this and

my
> old 146 1.6TS please guys?
>
> Plus it only has the one key, major problem? Or did they only come with

one