Old April 13th 14, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default 1968 corvette wiper door troubleshooting

Get a vacuum gauge and check the vacuum to the module that controls the door
movement. I had a 69 and played around with these vacuum systems. Didn't
really have a problem with them but did need to get a new check valve.
That was if you do not get enough vacuum. There is a cannister that
'stores' vacuum so you do not get your headlights closing when you step on
the gas and drop vacuum. Likely applies when you shut the engine off too.
You possibly need a new check valve so there is enough vacuum to close the
door after the engine is off. I believe the check valve is located in line
with the vacuum line where it goes into the base of the carb.

roups.com...