Old September 29th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default iRacing - My slant

"David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

>>> Can the engine be stalled yet?

>> No, only blown up by over revving. All cars are autos when in 1st gear!
>>

>> Big deal?

> Not too big. But shows an underlying tendency on the part of the devs to
> panda to wimps and crybabies.

When I first joined I had a single core 3gig cpu/8500 graphics - no
where near enough. Now have a quad 3.2gig/8500 graphics - no problems. Point
being, the present physics engine is already taxing the cpu big time. To
anyone who's used Papy stuff over the years it is clear that a ton of the
bells and whistles are simply not there yet and I'll bet the cpu tax is the
reason - as technology catches up/gets cheaper, all this sort of stuff will
be addressed.

It is important to remember that presently they have X amount of series
running - there are still a lot of people who don't even have a clutch. As
the membership grows and the feasibility to add new series increases, I'm
sure we will start to see series where auto clutch and auto blip are
disabled and to run in those series will require the use of a clutch.
Obviously, at that time, engines will no doubt be able to stall!