Old August 24th 05, 06:58 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article >, Bob Willard
> wrote:

> Performance should be great, with a 2.2L engine pulling >2 tons of metal.

Well... I've got my 05 Mustang GT, so I have fast happy fun time
covered. Not everyting has to be a rocket car.

What I want to do is replace my aging 96 Dodge Ram with something
smaller that I can still easily toss a bike in the back, but get decent
mileage as a commuter vehicle.

The current short list is Chevy HHR, Honda Element and Jeep Wrangler.
An inexpensive (around or about $20K), fun vehicle that can haul a
certain amount of fun things to fun places. You savvy?

I'm leaning Element at the moment because sales are sluggish and I can
probably get a deal. One of them green ones. I'll tell the Honda guy I
bought an 05 Mustang without a markup. That's put the fear into him,
yesiree.