Old February 20th 18, 02:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

In article >,
alan_m > wrote:
> On 20/02/2018 11:03, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > Very worrying that not only do those countries apparently have human
> > beings far more suited to pick fruit etc than the English, but also have
> > better skills for car building too?
> > Perhaps we should simply give up now...

> Henry Ford established over 100 years ago that you don't have to have
> much skill to assemble a car. To be competitive it just needs to be
> cheaper either by having cheaper labour cost and/or offsetting a lot of
> the spend on new factories and equipment with generous "regional grants"
> that will be given to deprived eastern EU countries (and/or to bale out
> many of the financial basket cases in southern Europe).

> If you don't think car assembly jobs are not going to migrate ask
> someone from the USA what happened to Detroit.

And Trump apparently has conned many into voting for him by saying he'll
get those jobs back. In exactly the same way as Brexiteers have conned the
poor in the UK into thinking the EU is the cause of their woes.

However, comparing car production in the heyday of Detroit and now is a
nonsense. Globilasation has changed the way components are sourced.

But then I do realise most Brexiteers base their hopes on when Britain
ruled the waves. Rather than the world today.

--
*Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.