Old February 20th 18, 01:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

ultred ragnusen explained on 18/02/2018 :
> And I can visualize how to mechanically clamp a bolt in a vise to hang the
> torque wrench on - but then - how do you calibrate the two types?

I can imagine, when building them that they simply check the
calibration on a pass / fail basis. The only way I can think to adjust
them is via shims under the spring, to increase the tension.