Old September 12th 17, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default Asymmetrical Tire Question, Please

On 09/11/2017 04:18 PM, Steve W. wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Think I have a decent understanding of asymmetrical tires, and how
>> they must carefully be mounted with the appropriate (as marked) side
>> outwards.
>>
>> Are asymmetrical tires ever (also) marked with a directional arrow, as
>> a normal directional tires would be ?
>>
>> Or, is one or the other ?
>>
>> Any explanations would be most appreciated.
>> Confusing subject.

> It depends on the actual tire and it's usage.
> Most asymmetrical treads are inner/outer. But they can also be cut with
> a directional tread pattern. The Corvette for example uses two different
> sized tires as well as directional & asymmetric tread. Many of the
> supercars are that way as well.

My friend's S2000's front and back tires are different sizes. She gets
the fancy high-traction ones that last less than 20K miles. A real joy
to drive down a mountain road!

--
Cheers, Bev
Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will