Old September 12th 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Default Asymmetrical Tire Question, Please

Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Think I have a decent understanding of asymmetrical tires, and how
> they must carefully be mounted with the appropriate (as marked) side
> outwards.
>
> Are asymmetrical tires ever (also) marked with a directional arrow, as
> a normal directional tires would be ?
>
> Or, is one or the other ?
>
> Any explanations would be most appreciated.
> Confusing subject.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

It depends on the actual tire and it's usage.
Most asymmetrical treads are inner/outer. But they can also be cut with
a directional tread pattern. The Corvette for example uses two different
sized tires as well as directional & asymmetric tread. Many of the
supercars are that way as well.

--
Steve W.