Old September 15th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default 35.97 mpg...

"peter" > wrote in message

part of his 40 mpg is imperial gallons...a larger than ours, sorry
guys the brit are bigger than we are on this one

One imperial gallon is approximately equal to 1.201 U.S. gallons.
One imperial gallon is exactly 4.54609 litres, whereas one U.S. gallon
is exactly 3.7854118 liters.
(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/
How_does_an_Imperial_gallon_compare_to_the_US_gall on)

peter

Thanks Peter, that makes allot of sense. When he's quoting Imperial gallons,
he should be quoting kilometers so we clue in quicker ;-)

Chris
99BBB