Old July 23rd 10, 08:51 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default motor control system failure

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:44:52 +0100, Jim > wrote:

>Managed to get the ecu scanned and that confirmed what I had
>discovered......the fault code was that of cylinder 3 not getting a
>squirt of fuel!
>
>Having tried to clean and improve the contact several times I now am
>slightly concerned because although I can get it running beautifully for
>a while the damn thing eventually reverts to the same problem. The fault
>code was cleared and remained clear for a while but returned just as
>soon as the contact 'let go' again. Anybody got a sure fire way of
>making an effing good contact between the two parts of the damned plug??
>Or am I barking up the wrong tree.....one begins to wonder.??

It could be that the cable itself is intermittent. Every time you
reseat/clean the connector, the disturbance allows the cable to work
for a while. If repeated cleaning/reseating doesn't work then I'd
suggest the problem isn't the connector or that the connector is no
longer serviceable (assuming you've not made an @rse of the cleaning).

How many miles are on the clock..is the injector past its best?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)