Old March 21st 11, 09:26 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default No handbrake on S4?!????

On Mar 19, 1:41*am, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2011-03-18 10:59:25 -0400, AD > said:
>

> > On Mar 9, 9:43*am, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> >> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:35:45 -0500, against all advice, something
> >> compelled Steve Thompson >, to say:

> > n until it

> > ply the

> > rther

> >> That is so cool.

> > Until you want to swat the tail around on ice that is.
> > Say BMW-any-day if you are in sunbelt states. Alas, I'm in the snow
> > and there's a freaky diesel popping out of every hole while I,
> > envisioning the repair bill
> > for diesel, want a 2.4L 6 pot manual A6 quattro. Sigh.

> > Speaking of which, are you folk in the states able to order any beemer/
> > audi from germany
> > or only the engine/transmission combinations that went past the EPA
> > hounds?

> You can order an Audi or BMW from Germany, even go over there and
> accept delivery. *However, it will be a car built for USA specs.

Crap. That negates the advantage of buying a euro spec A6 quattro with
2.4 liter normally aspirated engine
with a 5/6 speed manual. Drove a V8 A6 (in the states), 2.5TDi A6
(locally) and 1.8T A4 (us). All nice cars,
but I just could not get myself over driving an automatic and the
prices for euro spec used
cars are skyrocketing here now.