Old August 25th 04, 11:24 AM
Jesper Giovanni

"David" > wrote in message

> No, the manual it says 120,000 miles, not kilometers.!!!
>
> I kid you not.
> My last car, a V6 Toyota Camry (non-interference engine) suggested
> checking the belt every 60,000 miles. There was no suggested
> replacement interval.
>
> I replaced the first belt at 120,000 miles, and after driving the car
> another 200,000 miles the belt is still intact. Of course, I'd
> never take this kind of chance with an interference engine.

There has to be something wrong here. My (european) manual says 120.000 kmīs
for the t-belt. If they just put "miles" instead of "kmīs" inthere, when
they translated it....then im gonna be ROFLīing very soon!

The timing-belt are normally (referring to the manual) changed at 120.000
kmīs. But we all know (inhere) that this is too high a mileage - so most
change it at around 80-90.000 kmīs. The risk of the belt snapping is simply
too high, if you wait the suggested 120.000 kmīs.

--
Gio