Old November 16th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB (new development)

Mario Petrinovic:
> GaryR:
>>Mario Petrinovic:
>>>Mario Petrinovic:
>>>
>>> Oh, I forgot to say that this, of course, means that Spring and
>>>Centering Spring aren't locked to 75%, : ).

>> All I can say is OH......... MY........... GOD

> Ok, I'll leave Damper and Spring at 100%, and Centering Spring is
> more like 139% than 119%, I believe.

Ok, interesting development.
Regarding Centering Spring (CS), I figured out that all CS settings
that worked well are related. These are those settings: 139, 119, 22.
139 is 39 above 100
119 is 19 (39/2) above 100
22 is 78 (39*2) below 100
So I figured out that 61 would also work well, as it does. But, if I
put CS, Spring (S) and Damper (D) at 61, car drives and centers well, only D
is clearly too low, it doesn't tame forces enough. OTOH, if I put D to 100 I
have problems with controlling car. So, it looks like to set D correctly is
critical, since wrongly set D can disturb forces and ruin your testing.
Thankfully I understand D rightly, now. From previuos testings it looks like
D should be 80-85 (it could be related to the Overall strength, which is
118, I don't know, I am not sure).
So, everything goes well, I am on the right track, it shouldn't be
hard to set D correctly, and CS also correctly, and I believe S should be
the same of close to CS. So, hopefully within a week I'll get my settings
rightly, only I have to test all those possibilities, and that's it, : ).

Mario