Old October 19th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572
>>> '03-'04
>>> built
>>> price
>>> those
>>>
>>> If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
>>> complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for
>>> the GT.
>>>
>>> Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
>>> offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the
>>> Mustang GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and
>>> early 70s, so why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...

>> IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
>> package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
>> profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
>> components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
>> profits.

> I'm not sure. With so many people screaming about how they can't get a
> GT500 without having to take on a second mortgage, I think Ford could
> make even more money by simply offering all their goodies as options.
>
> I guess it comes down to this: Which is better, selling a limited
> production car with absurd pricing, or selling as many option packages
> as possible? I vote for the latter.

Would I order a $25,000 2008 Ford Mustang GT with the factory option $6,000
500 horsepower supercharged 5.4L V-8 and a $1,200 6 speed transmission???
In a New York Second!!!

I think many more people would too, how would this effect Fords adherence to
their CAFE standards? :-)

Ford really needs to pull their head out of their asses