Old April 25th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1999 Honda Civic Oxygen Sensor

"50" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hello all. Recently my Civic was taken in for Diagnostic because the
> check engine light came on. The Honda Dealer told me it was the
> secondary Oxy Sensor that needed replacing. They wanted $480.00 for
> the parts/labor (Ouch!). I decided instead to buy the replacement part
> at NAPA and did the job myself. After completing the job the check
> engine light went out for five minutes then came back on.
>
> I then took it to the Dealer and they reset the cars computer and the
> light went back out again for five minutes. They did this twice and
> told me I must have gotten a bad part from NAPA. I exchanged the part
> with NAPA, reinstalled it, and still have the same problem.
>
> Should I take it to the dealer and try to have them reset it again?
> Has anyone else had this problem and if so what's the fix. Thanks for
> your help.

You MUST record and report the exact error code numbers.

are about a dozen error codes that can involve the secondary oxygen sensor.

If the same error keeps recurring in spite of several sensor replacements,
than there's something else wrong, like a cracked exhaust manifold or
misrouted wiring.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ