Old April 23rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1999 Honda Civic Oxygen Sensor

50 wrote:

> Hello all. Recently my Civic was taken in for Diagnostic because the
> check engine light came on. The Honda Dealer told me it was the
> secondary Oxy Sensor that needed replacing. They wanted $480.00 for
> the parts/labor (Ouch!). I decided instead to buy the replacement part
> at NAPA and did the job myself. After completing the job the check
> engine light went out for five minutes then came back on.
>
> I then took it to the Dealer and they reset the cars computer and the
> light went back out again for five minutes. They did this twice and
> told me I must have gotten a bad part from NAPA. I exchanged the part
> with NAPA, reinstalled it, and still have the same problem.
>
> Should I take it to the dealer and try to have them reset it again?
> Has anyone else had this problem and if so what's the fix. Thanks for
> your help.

You have to tell us the -CODES-, not the interpretation. All is
speculation otherwise.

Did you look at this chart for your part numbers?
http://www.ngksparkplugs.ca/

Go to the 'Parts Finder' and you'll find the numbers. The NTK is the
part to use, never BOSCH. The primary one is $93 in Canada at NAPA, the
secondary is $254, but the universal is $139, at least for my CR-V.

See why your CODES are so important?

'Curly'