Old July 6th 04, 05:24 AM
BuggBoy

Hi.

This sounds like it's an aftermarket-type or dealer install system,
rather than a factory installed system.

That being the case, and the capillary tube info you reference in your
1) Take the control with capillary tube pieces to an appliance parts
distributor for a matchup.
2) Look on www.iatn.net for a technician in London, or post on the
forums there. (if you cannot post, email me and I can post for you,
I'm a member)
3) As far as regassing: Dunno what the regulations are in jolly old
England about R-12 refrigerant, here in the US the stuff is no longer
available to the hobbyist trade, only to certified pro's. I would NOT
use the "drop-in replacements" for R-12, the only way I would
substitute would be to put R134A in, that will require a new or
overhauled compressor, all new orings/seals and a new receiver/dryer
or accumulator.

Feel free to email me for more info if you wish.

Regards

Jase