Old September 29th 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Default Back in Miami

On 9/27/2012 8:01 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
> Jan Andersson wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2012 8:51 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
>>> Hello Group. Back after 13 years. Sad to have noted Bob

> Hoover's
>>> passing.
>>>
>>> Beside Veeduber, missing SpeedyJim, VWgirl (became Jan's
>>> wife), and a few dozen that I can't recall at the moment -

> Sorry
>>> if you belong on my list and were not mentioned by name.
>>>
>>> Happy to be back
>>>
>>> Chris

>> Hi Chris and welcome back! I often wondered what happened to

> you!
>> Minor correction though: VWGirl is Lauren and someone else

> snatched her
>> up, I married LittleVWGoddess (the one you let me use your

> car to go
>> date in 1999-2000, thanks again!) and we got divorced 2

> years ago, after
>> having 2 kids. We all moved to Virginia. My girl is 3 and my

> son 5.
>>
>> I still have my black convertible bug, at my parents house

> in Finland.
>> Here in the Us I have a 2001 Jeep and a 1970 Nova, currently

> undergoing
>> surgery. :P
>>
>> Now let's knock down some more cobwebs and bring Ramva back

> alive, OK?
>> It's dead quiet here.
>>
>> Jan

> Jan - I confess, I feel silly to have confused the
> littleVWgoddess with VWGirl but, in my defense, it has been a
> long time. Sorry to hear about the divorce; hope things are
> amicable, and I hope both the goddess and VWgirl are well.
>
> I'm preparing to go through a divorce (though we've been
> separated for 11 years; I believe you met my wife and father
> IRL).
>
> I still have the '59 type 1 which, after 20 years outside,
> needs another resto, but right now, I'm focused on bringing my
> new wife-to-be and our two daughters (aged 3 and 7) to the US.
>
> As for usenet, it seems hard to compete with web-based forums.
> On the plus side, forums can go away; on the other hand, there
> mey be no one left in usenet
>
> On an aside - and maybe I'm beating a dead horse, as there
> seems to be no mention of the great man... I miss Bob
> (Hoover). I was saddened to hear of his passing. I would hope
> that this (dare I say our?) group would have recognized the
> event. Maybe that ocurred, and it was agreed that it wouldn't
> be touched upon again; if I'm out of line, may the group
> forgive. But between Bob and SpeedyJim, RAMVAC has lost two
> incredibly knowledgeable people, one permanently, one perhaps
> not.
>
> I confess, it's hard to keep a party going with only a
> handful of people. Were you close to Jim? Any chance of
> cajoling him to rejoin us?
>
> Where are the godessess and the Girls? Moved on?
>
> Either way, glad to hear you're well. How are you liking
> living in the US?

> [...]

The other Goddess gave up on VW's, but not before trying a New Beetle
for a while. That thing started falling apart after a few years in the
Florida heat, everything plastic just kept breaking. I believe she now
drives a Pacifica.... 2 teenage kids and all that.
My ex "thelittlevwgoddess" is not a VW person anymore either. Drives
<shivers> an F350. Still has a Windstar I bought her, slowly falling
apart. In the divorce, she ultimately told me to choose which car to
keep for myself: the 2000 windstar or the 1970 Nova. Well... tough
choice but I got the Nova
VWGirl then.... she got married and still is VERY much into aircooled
VW's, I think she still has like 15-20 of them??? And the last two
fairly recent additions to the family are a Prius (!!!) and a later
model Jetta Wagon just weeks ago. She does a lot of long distance
traveling with the Prius, right now she's in Canada (again).

I'm keeping an eye out for a Thing near my house, seems to be in need of
some TLC and I haven't seen any progress since I spotted it a few months
ago. Missing a headlight so it's definitely not driven. If I get a
little extra money, I might see if they'd let it go cheap.
But I need to get the Nova done first. And my real goal VW wise is to
get my black vert here from Finland. The Thing might be a project to
quickly fix up and sell at a massive profit... means to an end. My
problem of course is that I get attached to them and then they never leave.