Old November 16th 05, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Dumbest car commercial ever

"223rem" > wrote in message
> Anyone saw the ad pushing the Toyota Avalon
> *solely* on the basis on the 'advanced technology'
> of its rain-sensitive automatic wipers?
>
> Un****ing unbelievably stupid. Who the hell
> chooses a car on the strength of its windshield
> wiper system?!

Its not meant to be serious, and I get a good laugh when I see it. But
while we're talking about dumb car commercials, my vote goes to the Passat
commercial where the two guys are driving through the desert and stop at the
sushi bar. Good thing they have that cooled glove box to store their sushi.
Talk about a useless feature and contrived scenario. If I live for another
100 years I don't think I'll ever see the need for a cooled glove box.

-=- Tom