Old November 16th 05, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Dumbest car commercial ever

223rem wrote:
> Anyone saw the ad pushing the Toyota Avalon
> *solely* on the basis on the 'advanced technology'
> of its rain-sensitive automatic wipers?
>
> Un****ing unbelievably stupid. Who the hell
> chooses a car on the strength of its windshield
> wiper system?!
>
> Why not talk instead about the very strong V6 the top
> of the line Avalon has? Crazy.

I just assumed it was a "joke" ad, meant to make you remember the brand
because it's funny. They really have automated wipers?

As long as it's on topic, what the **** is up with the ad where the guy
is detained at a border because of all the nooks in his car? I drive
through immigration checkpoints enough that I don't want a car that
advertises, "you'll have your time wasted for having a suspicious car."
Who the hell would pay to air that ad in a border city?

Dave