Old September 17th 05, 03:48 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was originally looking at the 156
then I "discovered" the 166 and fell in love. The reason I compared to
Vectra/Mondeo was because I was reluctantly looking at a boring family
saloon then I got onto the 156 and then the 166. The harsh depreciation
makes it a real option for me. To buy an BMW in a similar
condition/year etc I would be paying a lot more than I would for the
Alfa.. and I'd much rather have the Alfa anyway. The bottom line, is if
I don't get a 156/166 then it's gonna be a dull family saloon.

I'll be honest, there's not many modern cars in this price range that
light my fire but the Alfa is a real exception. I don't mind paying a
little more for it, but I'm just worried of it becoming a cash
blackhole.

Thanks again for your help, you have all been very helpful.