Old September 17th 05, 11:29 AM
Pete

On 16 Sep 2005 21:02:24 -0700, , wrote:

>What I'm getting at is, is a 166 going to cost me a lot more to
>maintain than something dull like a Vectra? CShould I wait till I am in
>a beter financial position before becoming an Alfa owner? I'd hate my
>first experience with an Alfa to be a bitter one.
>
>My heart says Alfa Romeo, my head says Ford Mondeo

How can you seriously compare a mundane family saloon with a luxury exec
sport saloon? Vectra and Mundeo are comparable to the Alfa 156. Not the
166. You are starting on a false base-line. Compare the costs against a 5
series or Merc E320 Elegance, These common panzerwagons have costs that
will be similar to the 166.

If you want the style of an Alfa 166 then you will have to go to the
Maserati Quatroporte to buy better. Look how much a Maser would cost and
the Alfa 166 is a bargain.

As has been said - family first. Hope you enjoy whatever you buy.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso