Old September 7th 05, 11:58 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> >> If you've never worked the top on a 63-67 Corvette you'd be surprised
> >> at what a very good design it is

> > IIRC, the Stingray didn't have a real trunk, and GM wasn't particularly
> > concerned about the car's weight. Not everyone shares your concept of
> > good design.

> The top was/and is a good design, probably the best manually operated
> convertible top ever.
>
> Damn it's hard to discuss anything with people who read what they want rather
> than what's written. ;-)

Au contraire. I only meant that the top was heavy, and its convenient
stowage came at the expense of luggage volume and access. If you don't
care about weight or luggage, then it was a brilliant design. Of course,
if you did care about those things, you probably wouldn't have owned a
Corvette...

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis