Old December 2nd 09, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

Default How good of a deal do you think this is : 1999 Built Viper for my near stock 2006 C6 Vette ?

" > wrote in message
On Dec 2, 10:40 am, "Roy" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> > His Viper is a 1999 built 510 cid stroker with Paxton Supercharger
> > with 10 k miles on it. 896 rwhp at 15 lbs boost using Methanol. Mine
> > is a 2006 LS2 with Headers/cats/x/ 3" pipes with Blackhawk intake , 6
> > speed manual. both vehicles are in near mint condition. He wants my
> > vette plus $25,000 cash . How good of a deal do you think this is ?
> > Drawbacks to such a Viper ? Aside from your loyalty to Corvette,
> > would YOU give this some serious consideration if you had the
> > discretionary funds ? Thanks for your opinions.

> I'd walk. Figure your car is worth 20-25K depending on condition and
> market.hs
> Going high 50K is what he wants you to give him for a 9 year hot rod that
> you don't know how badly it has been beat.

He said its been to the track 3 or 4 times , doesnt have a cage in
it, and ran 9.5 seconds on just the motor with slicks. Ran 6.05 in
the 8th . It may be 10 years old but its practically brand new with
10 k miles.

Call it whatever you want. It is a 10 year old car that has been modded, end
of story. If you want to give him your car and 25 grand by all means do it.
The only one that has to be happy is you.

One other thing you might want think about. If you were so sure it was a
good deal, you would have already pulled the trigger. A little doubt before
the purchase usually turns into a big disappointment after the deal goes
down imo.